https://images.haarets.co.il/image/fetch/w_744,h_433,x_0,y_0,c_crop,g_north_west/w_1434,h_807,q_auto,c_fill,f_auto/fl_any_format.preserve_transparency.progressive:none/https://www.haaretz.co.il/polopoly_fs/1.8684939!/image/1306002177.jpg

A 35-year-old construction worker died in the West Bank settlement of Ma’aleh Adumim on Tuesday after falling about 10 meters from the top of a crane.

Salah al-Nabulsi was the tenth person killed in a work accident so far this year.

Though the Health Ministry has restricted most nonessential work due to the coronavirus, the construction industry was exempted, so building continues as usual.

Police said they have opened an investigation into al-Nabulsi’s death.

Moshe Hemed, a Magen David Adom medic, said that when the ambulance arrived, the man had stopped breathing and had no pulse. The medics pronounced him dead on the spot.

Indictments have been filed against six contractors and managers whose employees were injured on construction sites.